Our centre is family owned and operated and we understand the importance of a nurturing environment and the provision of quality care in an early childhood setting.
Our Director is a university qualified early childhood teacher with over 25 years’ experience in early childhood learning. All our educators are qualified under the Education and Care Services National Regulations.
We are focused on educating future generations and preparing them for Prep and beyond. We provide educational programs for children age 15 months to 6 years. Our centre backs onto the Browns Plains State School, so we provide parents with school age children the convenience of before and after school care. Our centre at 5 Trebeck Street, Browns Plains offers a clean and safe environment with secure fencing, no main road noise and no main road exhaust fumes which are harmful to children.
Creativity is about freedom in thinking, imagining, exploring, and discovering. All of these things are central to the development of a positive self-image and to the growth of the whole individual. We are committed to developing all aspects of each child and creative play is at the heart of this goal. We maintain a balance between experiences that are initiated by the children and those that are supported or facilitated by thoughtful and intentional teaching.
- Valuing the individual: We celebrate each child’s uniqueness and diversity and offer excellent opportunities to personalize our teaching and focus on each child. Our warm and inviting developmental approach allows children to make choices and progress at their own pace in the areas of social, language, emotional, physical and cognitive skills. Being responsive to individual needs and valuing the individual perspective are core to our philosophy.
- Learning through play: The centre provides a play based curriculum in line with the Early Years Learning Framework, where programs reflect children’s needs, interests and strengths so that they are actively involved in their learning. Emphasis is on the process of creativity, not the finished product.
- Supportive environment: Providing a safe, happy, and stimulating setting where creativity, exploration, and investigation are nurtured and where children can experience a sense of wonder and delight, self-discovery and change. In this environment children will be ready to explore, make mistakes, take appropriate risks and experiment with many new experiences. They can practice and master a variety of skills and extend the boundaries of their world with the support of their peers and educators.
- Positive discipline: Teaching self-discipline, encouraging creative problem solving and taking responsibility for one’s actions.
- Parental involvement: Keeping you informed and involved with your child’s development. Your child’s individual progress is encouraged, monitored, supervised and shared with you.
- Ongoing education of staff: Our staff continue to study the latest evidence-based practices of early childhood education. We observe children and document them at play to better understand how they learn from their environment, teachers, peers, community, culture and their own collective work and ideas. Our staff regularly evaluate all of our practices to continually update and improve the quality of service and standard of care we provide.